Friday 13 May 2011

Hogweed in the Hedgerows

 Note: with Blogger offline for several hours this particular post was lost. I have now replaced it and hope I can remember my original photos etc.  I apologise to Mary C. Nasser who had kindly left a comment on my original post.
**************

A few weeks ago I noticed that the hogweed was starting to grow again in the verges


and they are now in flower

you can see that not all the flowers have turned white yet


and here's a close up
(the fly heard I was out with my camera and decided to get in on the act!)


 and, of course, I couldn't resist a quick sketch



3 comments:

Mary C. Nasser said...

Love your photography and paintings! All of my art is inspired by nature, too!

Found you through the miz kate dot com Artist blog hop!
I am your newest blog follower. :)
Looking forward to seeing your upcoming posts!

I welcome you to check out my mixed-media paintings on my blog!

Best,
Mary C. Nasser
http://www.marycnasser.com/blog.html

Judy said...

Great photo's but difficult flowers to paint! I like your sketch with a bit of purple in the green!

ann @ studiohyde said...

Thanks Judy. Yes you are right, they are difficult flowers to paint as they have so many tiny details, so I decided to take a loose approach!