Monday, 30 January 2012

Wheel of Plymouth

On a recent trip to Plymouth I got the opportunity to go up on the Wheel





Husband and William waited for me - I got the capsule to myself so was able to photograph all around



Located on Plymouth Hoe the views are stunning - so please sit back and enjoy



across the City



across to Dartmoor



I managed to capture the shadow (I couldn't work out which one I was in though)



towards the inner harbour


and finally a video
I did swing it round a bit quick at first, sorry about that,  by the time
 it was near the top the capsule swung quite a bit - it isn't my hand shaking!


video


I did enjoy it and hopefully will get another go at some time







16 comments:

  1. Great views, Ann! Didn't you get "seasick" from the swinging up there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Judy, it did feel a bit odd, but then it started the going down bit so I was okay:)

      Delete
  2. Quite beautiful! What a fun experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never ridden in an enclosed car on the ferris wheel. Looks like you had a great day. You can see for miles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes CJ, in fact way off in the distance where the hills are, is where we were staying over for a couple of days. We could actually see the wheel from there and at that distance it looked so small.

      Delete
  4. The shots from up top of the ferris wheel are making me dizzy - wonderful way to get a bird's eye view of things, huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I felt a bit dizzy myself Pat!

      Delete
  5. My gosh this is really high up Ann, and what a stunning view! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Jane, and it felt high too!

      Delete
  6. Hi Ann, this is an experience that unfortunately I never tried. I like yours beautiful pictures. Ciao!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tito, I would recommend having a go on one of these if the opportunity ever comes your way, so long as you do not suffer from vertigo!!

      Delete
  7. Aren't you brave, Ann! (Heights and I don't see eye to eye and look at all the lovely views I miss out on.) Thanks for sharing. I get the benefits without the vertigo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Robin!...actually I didn't realise it was going to be so windy up there until it was too late!

      Delete
  8. Your view and your pictures are just incredible--I would however, be on the ground holding William and watching you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the views Kim. I do understand about you staying on the ground, guess why husband is holding William!

      Delete