24 May 2012

Square Picture Show

North Devon Arts Exhibition - formerly the Square Picture Show


This year's annual  Exhibition through North Devon Arts, now known as NDA Squared 2012, is coming up in July, and I've been working towards getting three paintings prepared.  There is no Theme for this year's Show, so I have decided to go for local scenes to this area and all three in a similar style.  I do have one ready to show you at this time, but the other two are still works in progress.....

Titled:   Taw River Barnstaple



for some reason it has photographed more portrait style but I can assure you it is Square measuring
12" x 12".    I went for more sky and the dark foreground was my attempt to try and capture the feeling of the rivers journey.

Now all I have to do is get going with the other two - one of which is currently sitting on my easel looking at me shouting "Finish me...Finish me".....ah well, better get on with it then hadn't I.










16 comments:

  1. I admire your work, I wish you good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Robert:)

      Delete
  2. It's a beauty, Ann, very atmospheric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ann, it looks wonderful....your skies are simply fantastic. Ciao!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tito - what great encouragement I'm getting today:)

      Delete
    2. Wonderful feeling! I think you've captured the meandering river perfectly! Can't wait to see the next two!

      Delete
    3. Thanks Annie!....I'll add them as soon as they are ready:)

      Delete
  4. Very beautiful Ann...I am sure the other two will be as well. Good luck with the show! It's exciting isn't it! I have two shows this and next month!
    Remember to see your art on my blog this Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynn, yes these Art shows are exciting...also terrifying..lol. All the best with your two shows. I'm definitely checking out your blog on Saturday....ann:)

      Delete
  5. So tickled you found me and left a comment to lead me here!
    Lovely blog! I'm following.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....and a big Welcome to you:)

      Delete
  6. Beautiful, Ann! Best of luck in the show!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks good Ann.
    All the best for the show xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...