22 Aug 2012

Still testing....

....my new Olympus SR 810UZ

and still experimenting with the different settings....if only I could remember what I have done each time!

Anyway, I thought today I would add some more pictures to show you.  Still over at Ilfracombe but this time looking towards the harbour from the other side of the town.

I stopped by a gate for this picture and snapped regardless of what was in the foreground, just wanted to get the distant harbour



staying there I did a full zoom...this next photo is Capstone Hill (you may recall that's where I had taken
the photos in my previous post)...



convenient staying by the gate, but a degree of guess work on my part pointing the camera where I wanted it.  There is a small green square that comes up on the display and that's where it focuses, so as long as I could see the green square and it looked roughly in the right direction, I just went for it and pressed the shutter....(must remember to take my glasses next time)!...



ignore the time on this clock...it's wrong! ....



and zoomed in on the harbour with the Lifeboat station....the boats at home, which is a good thing as it means nobody is in trouble out at sea...






Still pleased with the results, in fact I think the zoom is impressive.  I have also been trying out the video function but need to experiment more with the settings.






19 comments:

  1. I'm very impressed with the pictures from your new camera, especially that they are of Ilfracombe!! I have a 10 yr old Nikon point'n'shoot camera, currently held together with an elastic band to stop the batteries falling out. The pics it takes are adequate, but I really should invest in a better camera and learn to use it. Trouble is, there are so many more things I should be spending my money on!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was that slipway for the lifeboat always there? I don't remember it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least your Nikon is still working Shammickite! hope the elastic band holds up. You were right to notice that the lifeboat station has moved. They moved it about 15 or so years ago now (can't remember the actual yr) but it used to be near St. Nicholas Chapel. On a shout the tractor had to tow the lifeboat round to the slipway, that is straight in front of where the photo shows it now...so it made sense to change its home. The old lifeboat place is now an aquarium.

      Delete
  3. Ann it looks like you're having great fun with your new toy!!! It's great having something new to play with isn't it and so glad you're pleased with it - I got myself a new camera about 18 months ago and was so excited about it but it ended up being a bit of a disappointment. Will keep this model in mind for the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So difficult choosing a new camera Sharon, all I can say is take your time and look at as many as you can before making a final decision.

      Delete
  4. Great guns Ann you are doing far better than my peeps. The old camera died and was replaced with an all singing all dancing Leica which was a present. Peeps has just about worked the point and click function. It may be sometime before the peeps is up to your standard. Lucky I am one patient doglet. Looking forward to more. Have a wonderful Wednesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Molly, I wouldn't say I'm at a good standard with this camera, but I do hope to get better.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Annie!....exciting times for you at the moment, we're relying on you taking lots of pics - I expect Sophia is over the moon isn't she.

      Delete
  6. Hi Ann. Wow a new gadget with a fabulous zoom. I may have to look at this model as my little camera really doesn't suit my purposes and it's always great to get a recommendation. Thanks for the piccie demos and showing us. Have fun clicking...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is proving to be quite a versatile little camera I must admit. I'm bound to still get some photos wrong though!

      Delete
  7. Oh man! I have serious camera envy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....This camera is actually surprising me Robin!...the pics look best when loaded on the computer. On the little screen on the back of the camera the 'zoomed in' ones still look quite far away (or is that because I didn't have my glasses on)!

      Delete
  8. Lovely camera and beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Impressive zoom! I love that you can focus in so well on something. Nice photos! Enjoy the camera!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...I can't always see exactly what I'm focusing in on Joan, so nobody can be as amazed as me when I see them on the computer and find I've actually got the place I'd hoped to ...lol.

      Delete
  10. Lovely photo's Ann. Did you know you can always check what settings your camera was on for any particular photo just by reading the EXIF data stored with each photo? A good friend of mine has this very camera and it gets very good reviews. Happy snapping. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much John, it's very useful to know about reading the EXIF, many thanks.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...