Wednesday 5 November 2014

More about Shapes...

Like I said in this post it's all about Shapes. I'm taking part in Sketchbook Skool and I'm so pleased that this weeks Instructor : Veronica Lawlor has pointed out that Shapes are important.

You don't need a lot of DETAIL, the Shape says it all.  Think about this....have you ever seen an object in the distance and been completely fooled as to what it actually is...I bet it was the Shape that misled your brain into assuming it was something entirely different.

This sketch is a shape...........

(drawn with my Sailor Calligraphy pen, it will give me thin lines and bold ones)
............and your brain works out the rest.







13 comments:

Christine said...

thanks for the tip

robin cox walsh said...

Yeah, my brain fills in ALL sorts of things...... LOL! ;) Seriously, though, this is brilliant!

ann @ studiohyde said...

....A case of Less is More ;)

ann @ studiohyde said...

......I thought it did, lol ;)

Em Parkinson said...

I absolutely love this Ann. x

Willow said...

I see a lovely lurcher laying on a comfy doggie bed :)

CJ Kennedy said...

:-D Sleeping puppy

ann @ studiohyde said...

Thanks Em :-)

ann @ studiohyde said...

Thanks CJ :-)

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Ann - this shape certainly looks like a doggie to me. Great style. Love the fact that our eye finishes it. Have a divine week-end.

ann @ studiohyde said...

Thanks Debbie, have a good weekend too :-)

Joan Tavolott said...

They always say to leave a bit to the viewer's imagination. You did that. Sounds like you are enjoying Sketch Skool!

ann @ studiohyde said...

Yes, the classes are very good. I don't always do all the exercises there and then during the week, but I like to go back over the classes at a later time, so the course lasts as long as I want it to.