At the beginning of 2017 I became the volunteer Artist-in-Residence @ Arlington Court National Trust Devon - Watch out for my posts about it.

Friday, 20 February 2015

Paper Paint Pencils and Pens


Yes...Paper Paint Pencils and Pens

if you haven't visited this blog, then I thoroughly recommend it.  You can join in and add your drawings, paintings and sketches there.  Working to a Theme that changes regularly you will never get stuck for some inspiration.

Okay, so I co-admin.  on it...I am bound to sing its praises....but so worth joining.  Lynn Cohen in the USA is the brains behind this great blog.....

The current Theme is : "The town you grew up in"

February 16th-28th   suggested by one of our contributors Elaine Pang (jaguarish)


Here are some of my
sketches so far for the Theme....
and I have to admit having had a great time
looking back at the town/local area
I grew up in and called home for so long.


Lyndhurst Hampshire




Minstead Church New Forest




My Secondary school - Bartley




My first job was in this building - a bank.







The Pier Southampton




Thatched pub at Lyndhurst



Linking to

Paint Party Friday today

I hope you will visit 

both blogs:

Many Thanks to EVA & Kristin for hosting Paint Party Friday

and to 

Lynn Cohen for her work on Paper, Paint, Pencils & Pens.

HOPE YOU WILL STOP BY

AND TAKE UP THE CHALLENGE WITH US

YOU WILL ENJOY IT....I'M SURE.
 
*****  










11 comments:

  1. What beautiful paintings! Your home town looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely sketches, a nice place to live.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such gorgeous watercolors, Ann. I grew up in the rural area of Shelby County Tennessee so there was no town. The nearest consisted of a post office, 2 churches,a school, and a service station/market. None except the one church are still there, having been taken over by a huge railroad yard. I haven't been back in decades I enjoyed seeing where you grew up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a pity its a railroad yard now, but things change and life moves on doesn't it. Where I was brought up, it seems to have changed over the years...doesn't seem as tranquil any more.

      Delete
  4. Thanks Lisa, Christine and Faye :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. really lovely illustrations Ann! Haven't posted in Lynn's blog for quite awhile-sketching is so hard for me to do...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be lovely to see whatever you do Linda. Collage work to the Theme too :-)

      Delete
  6. Your paintings are simply awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your stroll down memory lane! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...