12 Mar 2015

Painting the planets

A bit of fun, but this turned out to be an interesting experiment,

and you never know what design or pattern you will end up with.






So, this is what I did...


with some scrunched up paper (the glossy magazine kind is best)
or just use a tissue scrunched up...


either option is good, and just dab it quickly on the paint


then take something small like a bottle top and hold it on the painting....


and paint around the outside with some dark paint...



when you lift that off you have a planet...



then I just blended the edges a bit and
splattered white for more planets in the galaxy...





although I do wonder if 
I have a problem
when the Shape I see in one exercise

looked a bit like a

Lurcher!



Or am I becoming a bit

OBSESSIVE!





18 comments:

  1. very dramatic effect!!
    you've discovered the Lurcher Galaxy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's it Sue, who'd have thought there was one of those! lol

      Delete
  2. Love your astronomical watercolours.
    Must give that a try.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I LOVE the planet one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your process! I am wondering how you made the handmade purslane bound sketchbook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ann, I made the sketchbook with my Zutter Bind-it-All machine. If you check out the following link you will see it...
      and I have to say it is really useful. You can also check out Youtube for videos showing how to use it.

      http://www.binditall.com

      Delete
  5. That is so cool! and you found the Dog Galaxy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know CJ, I should have guessed it was out there somewhere. lol :-)

      Delete
  6. I think you discovered a kind of Rorschach test, there must be a psychological explanation for what you see, lol!
    I love the planet ones! And .... I see a familiar lurcher too....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol...yes I see what you mean. I was playing with paint and tried dabbing it with a tissue, then I remembered years ago our son doing some spray painting and he masked off an area for a planet...never thought it would work in a million years by using a bottle top!!! what a surprise, and it was fun because I didn't know what the end results would look like. I am glad I found 'that lurcher' though, hilarious result :-)

      Delete
  7. What a wonderful piece, Ann! And, didn't you realize that Lurcher was his own constellation?

    -Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have realised something like that Barb, lol :-)

      Delete
  8. Is Lurcher in space now??? Great idea for a piece!

    I've been so busy with my workshop, but have made a point to add a post about what we did and what I learned each day...but no time for sketching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have been too busy to sketch then that means you have been enjoying your workshop...looking forward to seeing your post about it all :-)

      Delete
  9. No, not obsessive, just creative! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...