At the beginning of 2017 I became the volunteer Artist-in-Residence @ Arlington Court National Trust Devon - Watch out for my posts about it.

Tuesday, 23 August 2016

Time for some sketching

On a lovely walk at Heddon's Mouth last week and it gave me a great opportunity to sketch.

First though, this is the location:    HEDDON VALLEY (when you have opened the link, scroll down for more information about the place).


Sketching this bridge was easy, there was a very useful bench nearby where I set up my sketching kit...


Further along the track the path leads to the sea.  I was more interested in the cliffs, they looked very majestic in the late afternoon sun.







Time to stop at the pub for a cider and some more sketching...lovely




 






14 comments:

  1. So many interesting places to be inspired, Ann. And the names are always interesting too. So beautiful and great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's difficult to decide what to paint sometimes, there's too much choice :)

      Delete
  2. lovely sketches, I particularly love bridges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous sketches! Thanks for showing us another beautiful area!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely job on your sketches. The bridge is my favorite, especially since I am surrounded by them here in Venice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you're having a great time over there in Venice. Wish I could see it one day.

      Delete
  5. They are all lovely! The bridge is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the most fun to paint actually :)

      Delete
  6. Sitting down to sketch with a cider sounds really lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful sketches - and lovely journey stops!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...