Pages

Thursday, 18 August 2016

Watermouth Harbour


Local for us and yet we haven't stopped here for a walk around in ages.  Finally, we decided perhaps it was time to visit and so glad we did.  This little gem of a harbour made a great place to sit and sketch plus take a walk with the dogs (yes we still have Hamish visiting)!


Sketching was worth this outing too,
but first some photos






















dinghies waiting to be used...


a boat under repair...


and a crane ready to move something big...I wonder what!





























Mostly I enjoyed the sketching
truly en plein air time - yes I took my paints and easel with me...

(initial painting)

then I added pastel

Final piece....






16 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful area and great work, Ann.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is a lovely area, something we appreciate every day :)

      Delete
  2. I love sailboats, so many here. Beautiful sketch too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. The photos AND your paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a lovely area. Not much water in the harbour I notice. That's an interesting tower, any idea what it was used for? Your painting is very nice Ann.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew someone would ask that, lol....they say it's just a folly, but I found this online..a lookout sounds more likely:
      http://www.heritage-explorer.co.uk/web/he/searchdetail.aspx?id=7036

      Delete
  5. Wonderful place, Ann! And great sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the photos. Great Plein air. I' off painting in Venice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww..have a great time Joan - take lots of photos :)

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous part of the world - and fabulous sketches too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very pretty down here Pat, but I have to admit I love Scotland, you're very lucky to live there.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Certainly is - a little bit of nostalgia for you :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...