Friday 21 October 2016

Another visit down to Harlyn Bay in Cornwall

Yes, I know we have been there before HARLYN BAY and when the opportunity came up to visit again, we couldn't say no...  the beach on the doorstep to the Harlyn Bay Inn is lovely and, of course, a certain Lurcher LOVED IT.














See what I mean, who could not love this.  Although it didn't mean we stayed on this one beach...



 along the cliff path we could see other small coves


and walked past crops growing right up to the edge of the cliff path









Another beach to visit is at Bedruthan Steps - I have to admit I don't venture down the steps, which are extremely steep, Vertigo city for me!!! so I sent the lads down.  The view from the top is amazing anyway, so I didn't feel I had missed anything.  I happened to speak to a lady who works in the National Trust shop and she said that having worked there for 11 years, she had never ventured down the steps (so I'm not the only one).







 ...look who I could see down on the beach (heading off to the left of the picture) ;)

and when the beaches get too much we went into Newquay and guess what....A BEACH!





Not bad when you can shop and see the beach at the same time is it!





15 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Gorgeous! Wow! Such beauty!

robin cox walsh said...

GORGEOUS pictures! (almost makes me want to take a plane....almost!) ;)

ann @ studiohyde said...

Certainly is :)

ann @ studiohyde said...

Have to wait for teleportation then! ;)

Eileen H said...

Lovely beaches and views. No, I wouldn't be tackling those steps either :)

CJ Kennedy said...

I love how you get to have the beaches practically all to yourself. And the impossibly blue sky, just beautiful

ann @ studiohyde said...

Glad I'm not the only one :)

ann @ studiohyde said...

We've been so lucky with our trips away, the weather has mostly been good to us :)

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I think it's a perfect and beautiful place to visit there one or a hundred times!

ann @ studiohyde said...

Yes we plan to go back, it's one of those places when you find it you always want to see it again :)

Judy said...

I love seeing your beach pics, never enough for me, I love them!

Shammickite said...

This is a beautiful area of Cornwall, spent a couple of holidays there, and also spent a few army camps fortnights there when I was in the TA! Can you remember the TA? Does it still exist?

ann @ studiohyde said...

Glad you like seeing them Judy, it was great being there too :)

ann @ studiohyde said...

Right on the doorstep here really isn't it, just a drive down Atlantic Highway, Bude and beyond ;)

Yes I know the TA, and they do still exist. Graham was in the TA for about 29 years, with the Engineers Pay section :)

Christine said...

beautiful photos Ann!