At the beginning of 2017 I became the volunteer Artist-in-Residence @ Arlington Court National Trust Devon - Watch out for my posts about it.

Sunday, 12 February 2017

Setting up for a video painting

The problem with trying to video myself painting, is no matter how I try, the best I could usually do is have the iPhone (camera mode) too close to my painting and hence I have difficulty seeing what I'm meant to be painting!    I haven't the facility for an 'overhead from the ceiling' setup, so had to put some thought into how else I could do this.  Then I had an eureka moment, best shown with photos...























I think this actually worked!








12 comments:

  1. Worked very nicely.... thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine. I might have to do some slight adjustments, especially when the natural light in the room changes, but in the end, it is just a basic set up. 🎎

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Lol...inspired (well, at the time). I look at it now and think "What"! Anyway, for what I need it works 😆

      Delete
  3. It did work well, Ann. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie. It is basic, but that's all I need. The problem I've had for ages is that the iPhone doesn't attach to anything, not like a camera will attach to a stand. Okay there are selfie-sticks, but they still need support.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Robin, I knew you would be impressed 😏

      Delete
  5. I'm impressed the lengths you go to to get it just right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm just fussy, lol. It still needs a tweak on focus, so I need to bring it lower to the painting. At least with this set up I can get close enough to see what I'm actually drawing/painting, before that when I used a camera to video, that got in the way. Difficult to explain, but it is now useable, 'heath robinson' and all.

      Delete
  6. Yes it worked very well. Amazing what can be done by using stuff you find around the house and a few elastic bands. Now for a full length feature movie......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...yes, it is amazing. More so, because it Actually Worked, who would have thought. Now for that movie, think this will take some time 😆🎎

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...