Monday 9 April 2018

Whimsical paintings

I've recently been doing some whimsy-style paintings, inspired by friends who have recently moved to Devon and have shared pictures online of their chickens, amongst various other photos.  Anyway, they inspired me, and having asked permission to use the pics, I set to having a bit of fun.  (as a Thank You to our friend, she will be receiving the collection of paintings to keep).

This was from a photo taken of her chickens in the snow - plus
keep in mind, these friends have just moved down this way and are doing work on their house renovating it




The husband has a 2CV 



This wasn't so much from photo ref. but more from imagination - but I know eggs will need to be collected and could just envisage one of the chickens doing this!


....and this was an occasion when a 'visitor' decided to sit on the bird table!

Good on him - the husband was helping hang the washing out -

Seems like they have very opinionated chickens.





 ~I'm having fun turning their photos into paintings with a comical twist ~







14 comments:

Eileen H said...

They're brilliant Ann, your friends will love them :)

Judy said...

Hahaha, I LOVE them!

Debbie Nolan said...

Ah Ann - your post and whimsical sketches of the chickens made me smile. What a great way to start my week. Hope yours is super too. Hugs!

ann @ studiohyde said...

I have given them a laugh. They post their photos on facebook, so I can find the inspiration from there.

ann @ studiohyde said...

Thanks Judy.....I had been looking at my friends pics on facebook for sometime and thinking there was a whimsical sketch in them...then I braved it and asked if she would mind. She was more than happy, so I'm working on them, early days, I need to find them in my sketches as they develop.

ann @ studiohyde said...

Aww that's nice to know, if my sketches spread a smile, I've achieved it :)

Christine said...

Lovely collection Ann!

robin cox walsh said...

Oh! These are adorable!!!! Cards for your Etsy shop? (as well as prints and originals!) ;)

Dartford Warbler said...

They are great fun and would make good birthday cards too!

ann @ studiohyde said...

Thanks Christine, they are fun to draw :)

ann @ studiohyde said...

Well, you never know...could develop into something, although I can't do prints (our printer is next to useless these days) 😳

ann @ studiohyde said...

Thanks, I'm going to look at cards, they would be all original drawings (our printer is hopeless) 🙂

Shammickite said...

Reminds me of my childhood when we always had chickens..... fresh eggs and Sunday dinners!

ann @ studiohyde said...

That sounds like a good memory to have :)