Monday 16 July 2018

A look back to a blog post in 2012

Oh my, how time flies.   I was browsing through previous posts recently and came across this painting from 2012 of Dunkery Beacon on Exmoor - so thought I would add it again (some of you may never have seen it and for those of you who remember it, I apologise for my repetition).

* * *

March 2012 -

I have just completed another Atelier Interactive Acrylic - hopefully in an Impressionist style! 

Like all paintings, I started out covering the canvas with Gesso, on this occasion Grey and left it to dry completely.


Being a Moorland scene and there being little in the way of focal point, I decided to put the focus on the foreground.....




When I stood back and took an objective look, I felt that the path in the foreground actually took the Viewer
OUT of the painting, so I changed it....




adding some more darks to the base of the hill on the right and then some Mist over the dark hollow in the Valley....

 the finished painting              

 DUNKERY BEACON, EXMOOR




 I also added three sheep to the painting - did you see them?   (this sounds like a where's Wally/Waldo!)



This painting SOLD 


***











8 comments:

robin cox walsh said...

You have the 'touch'! ♥♥♥♥ Beautiful!

Eileen H said...

I don't think I'd discovered your blogs back then, I've missed out on so much :)
I'm not surprised your painting sold, it's lovely.

Christine said...

I do see them, but good that you mentioned them. Beautiful work!

Judy said...

It is lovely to see this one again, beautiful earthy colours!

ann @ studiohyde said...

Thanks Robin, the acrylics are so easy to work with, they blend well.

ann @ studiohyde said...

Oh, hadn't realised that Eileen, glad you follow these days. I'll have to look through for some other bits and pieces to post again every so often :)

ann @ studiohyde said...

Haha...glad you saw them. Like I said, it's like a 'Where's Wally' lol

ann @ studiohyde said...

Thanks Judy, Oh you remember this one :) Yes the colours are typical of the area. The one time it changes is briefly when the heather is flowering.