Wednesday 15 August 2018

LOOK BACK TO 2015

I was browsing through previous blogposts and came upon this one from March 2015.  Thought you would like to see it, some of you will remember this but newbies to my blog may not have scrolled back that far...so here it is...


MARCH 2015

This is something I've done before, and the other day I decided it was time to repurpose another old acrylic canvas painting.   Having bought some plain canvas tote bags (the stronger sort not flimsy ones), I set to work and cut my canvas from the frame it was on

the point of no return



Tote measures approx. 17" x 15"


I cross-stitched the canvas onto the bag using strong thread.  This is the inside of the bag, so the stitching shows - I call it my shabby chic stitch!





That's it, one modern tote shopper with repurposed artwork.


***




12 comments:

Eileen H said...

I can't remember if I've seen this before Ann but it's very good. My daughter-in-law had her artwork printed directly onto canvas tote bags and I purchased one from her but it's too nice to use :) This was when she was living in Japan so I don't know the process she used.

Judy said...

I remember, good idea!

R's Rue said...

Great.

Christine said...

Beautiful!

robin cox walsh said...

Ingenious! AND pretty! :D

ann @ studiohyde said...

I have heard of that being done Eileen. Think there are a number of printing firms online that add artwork to cushions etc too. I can understand you not wanting to use your tote, it's special.

ann @ studiohyde said...

Thanks Judy, I may still do this again one day depending on which of my canvases I get my scissors to, lol.

ann @ studiohyde said...

Thanks Regine :)

ann @ studiohyde said...

Thanks Christine :)

ann @ studiohyde said...

Thanks Robin :)

Shammickite said...

That's a great idea but I already have plenty of shopping bags!!!!!

ann @ studiohyde said...

Oh but there's always room for one more! lol ;)