Wednesday 29 August 2018

Planning and pre-sketch

I usually try to do a quick thumbnail sketch of a scene before starting a painting.

They aren't much to write home about, scribbled quickly just to get an idea,
 I don't tend to keep them.  Recently, however, I've been working in a hard-back sketchbook,
so keeping the "scribbles" is inevitable.

For a future painting, I'm thinking acrylic on canvas,
similar to others I've done and found a free reference photo seascape.
  Sketching it out, playing with ideas.

(Rocks)
(sketched with acrylic paint)

a double page spread with a High horizon line




and then with a Low horizon line

(pencil outline)



(watercolour added)


Quick ideas but they tell me a lot.

When I start the canvas, I'll try to remember to take photos of the process

so

as they say

"Watch this space"







No comments: