Monday 20 August 2018

Plein Air at Arlington Court

Most weeks I get to paint plein air at Arlington Court

(weather permitting, of course, I try to avoid the rain!)


Last week, I set up my easel again near the house.

For one thing, the view is great, plus I seem to find a different angle most times.

Having completed this painting in the studio,

I titled it:

"The family Matthews enjoying a picnic"

There's a reason why I called it that.  I was busy painting the scene, when the Matthews family came 

along, they stopped to see what I was painting, then they wandered off and later turned up again to sit down not far from me and have their picnic.    It summed up the day, with families on their Summer 

holidays, enjoying the visit to Arlington and having a good time.  So I painted the Matthews family 

into the scene, after all they were part of it....







11 comments:

robin cox walsh said...

I feel like I'm in a museum looking at paintings by a famous English painter.....♥♥♥♥♥

ann @ studiohyde said...

LOL....thanks Robin, I had to force myself to leave well alone, fiddle-e-dee :)

Christine said...

What a lovely idea!

ann @ studiohyde said...

Thanks Christine :)

Judy said...

A lovely summer scene! The people in it are just perfect!

Eileen H said...

Ann that is so, so good, I'm blown away by it. I agree with Robin it looks like a masterpiece.

ann @ studiohyde said...

Thanks Judy. The Matthews family were so nice, throughout the day they were keen to see my progress. I think they were gobsmacked to be told they were in the painting, their reaction made my day, talk about colour me happy :)

ann @ studiohyde said...

Goodness, thanks Eileen. I put this on facebook too and everyone has loved it. Think I may be onto something here, lol :)

ann @ studiohyde said...

Oh my! Thank you Sandy. I have been astounded with the response to this painting.

Marie Smith said...

It is beautiful, Ann. I love the detail you included!

ann @ studiohyde said...

Thanks Marie 🙂