Thursday 27 September 2018

Following on from my previous post - Amanda Hyatt workshop


Now it's time to see my efforts from the
Amanda Hyatt workshop

5 days

at the end of which, I felt exhausted,

but it was SO WORTH IT.


 and, I was there to LEARN...

here's a learning curve example

(in my defence, my back was really hurting me at the time...hence I
Slapped on bright paint quickly)

although it may not look a BRIGHT AND IN YOUR FACE PIECE, IT TRULY WAS
and when I got home I washed out a lot of paint and toned it down.


I enjoyed painting this river view 


and also this quiet harbour


this next painting wasn't painted en plein air, 
(on that occasion I sat back and watched everyone else)
but when we got back into the studio the next morning,
I painted this in about an hour


Then on the final afternoon, I didn't have a painting to work on,
so Amanda found a reference photo for me and I painted this


I was really chuffed when Amanda complimented me and said I really nailed it,
and that it reminded her of home with the gum tree.


 ~ well, colour me happy ~





9 comments:

Eileen H said...

Lovely for you to be complimented by the teacher, well done and you deserve the praise.

ann @ studiohyde said...

Thanks Eileen. To be honest, she praised everyone, but I liked the fact Amanda was so genuine with us all 🙂

Christine said...

Beautiful, the first one's my favourite.

robin cox walsh said...

Compliments from the teacher is always nice! You deserve it! ♥♥♥♥ (And I like 'in your face' color!)

Judy said...

All are so beautiful, Ann! My favourite: the river view. And the harbour.

ann @ studiohyde said...

Thanks Christine, surprising how many people have told me they like the first version.

ann @ studiohyde said...

Thanks Robin, I think the 'in your face colour' was way out of my usual comfort zone, lol.

ann @ studiohyde said...

Thanks Judy, they're my favs too!

Karen Thomas said...

Absolutely gorgeous work Ann! Xx