16 May 2011

Buttercups

Buttercups - what a nice sounding plant.  (One of my recent posts was about Hogweed - not so nice sounding)  

The buttercups are growing everywhere here at the moment so it was inevitable that I would end up doing a post about them.  I've taken a couple of photos - as if we need to remind ourselves what they look like - but they are so nice and sunny and I would say 'a happy flower' (or is that just me getting poetical again!)



It's a job to see some of these because of the bracken 

and in my doodlings I've sketched them
At the top of this sketch I've added:

'When I was young we would put a buttercup under a friends chin to 
see if it reflected the colour, if it did it meant they liked butter!'

I wonder if kids still play this game - or has it been lost somewhere along the line




3 comments:

  1. Yes, happy flowers! I never heard of this game, funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your sketch page...we did that butter thing with dandelions, I still do it with my grandkids!!! They all like butter! I always send yellow flowers as I feel they send indoor sunshine!
    cheers, dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. We used to do the same thing when we were kids! (I think we're dating ourselves. lol)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...