30 Oct 2011

Berries and a Virginia Creeper

Following on from yesterday's post about our trip to the Isle of Wight a few weeks ago, I thought I would just drop in a couple of photographs I took on one of our walks there.  At a distance, and how the light was shining, this tree looked like it had millions of tiny red lights on it


and I expect you have guessed 
on closer inspection it was a Yew tree with berries

these berries are actually called  'aril's'  and are wax like - almost looking artificial because they are so perfect.....but then nature can be perfect sometimes don't you think....

another plant I couldn't help but photograph was this Virginia Creeper, doing what its name implies and 'creeping' over a wall making a perfect design






It looks almost 'staged', which is why I had to take a photo!






7 comments:

  1. Amazing pictures, Ann! Nature really is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I've never seen a yew in berry before - so thank you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pictures! (I think the Virginia Creeper would make a wonderful sketch, hint hint. LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lived in Virginia for 34 years and thought for sure your visit was to this State because of Isle of Wight and Virginia Creeper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I'm a plant guru Pat!

    I know what you mean Robin...I'll work on it! LOL.

    Hi Annie - interesting how some places miles apart can look so similar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nature is heaven to me and these photos prove that, amazingly beautiful...thanks for sharing them Ann.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...