At the beginning of 2017 I became the volunteer Artist-in-Residence @ Arlington Court National Trust Devon - Watch out for my posts about it.

Tuesday, 18 November 2014

A few jottings

Although I take photos of William, there are times when I need to make a quick note/reminder of something he has done throughout the day...for this I use my sketchbook or, if we are out and about, I often use scraps of paper, they're enough to remind me and give myself a 'brain nudge' as to what I needed to sketch later on.

Occasionally I will have time to add watercolour too, but it is still only a 'note' to remind myself.




you'd never guess who this is - would you?





14 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing your 'sketch' notes, I've never known someone to do this before! A true artist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only nine marks on the page and we ALL know who it is!!!! That's talent! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. In old computer programmer's parlance, that is elegant. Being able to reduce code or a drawing to the least number of commands/strokes and have it work. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Ann - wonderful gestural drawings...love that bit of watercolor you added to the ball as well. It is very telling of your talent these simple lines - have always appreciated this style that allows the viewer to finish the work. Thanks so much for letting me see these lovely drawings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie, that's so nice of you :-)

      Delete
  5. You have your own artist shorthand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I guess I do! (very apt as I do shorthand normally - plus I can write in music shorthand too)...hey who'd have thought!

      Delete
  6. Wonderfully simplified! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy, I think I'm just lazy at making notes ;)

      Delete
  7. Ann, I love your approaches!! I do the same thing in my daily sketches. No difference from you! And I love your doggy!!!
    Cheers, Sadami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sadami, it's so good to know that you do the same with your sketches and notes.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...