Saturday 15 August 2015

Here's a random tip for you, which actually most of you probably already know, but anyway some may not.

When buying something and you get those annoying price labels stuck down on them --- okay if you are not Gifting/Present giving, but if you are it is best to remove said offending price label.  However, you know how nearly impossible some are to remove...

PLUS

I like to Reuse jiffy bags when they have been used to send you postal items.  Those labels are BIG sometimes....


So to save from tearing them off and
RUINING the item/envelope

JUST

USE YOUR HAIRDRYER



AND THE GLUE HOLDING DOWN THE LABEL

MELTS


Carefully remove and you have a

Jiffy bag to Reuse



Note: always keep in mind what you are heating up
with the hairdryer and be sensible.




21 comments:

Eileen H said...

Well, I would never have thought of doing that. Thanks for the handy tip :)

Anonymous said...

Great tip. Wonder if that works for all labels on all surfaces?

ann @ studiohyde said...

You're very welcome :-)

ann @ studiohyde said...

Most surfaces it does. Case of try it and see, but I've always been happy with the result :-)

Christine said...

oh what a great tip! I might even have some saved I could try this on, thanks!

ann @ studiohyde said...

Hope you give it a try Christine and do let me know :-)

Judy said...

Great tip! Amazing, I never knew.

Lynn Cohen said...

Clever you, thanks for the tip, Ann. Much appreciated.

ann @ studiohyde said...

:-)

ann @ studiohyde said...

:-)

robin cox walsh said...

Great tip, thanks! ;)

Joan Tavolott said...

LOL Hair dryers come in handy for a variety of things. I've done this too.

Shammickite said...

So hair dryers are not just for drying wet paint? Amazing.

ann @ studiohyde said...

:-)

ann @ studiohyde said...

They're very versatile, lol :-)

sandy said...

good to know - ...i just found a product i've had in my cabinet since I moved. I forgot I had it and it worked really good on getting the sticky stuff off of those fly trap things that hang down ..."Dissolve-It"...excellent.

ann @ studiohyde said...

Great to know - glad it worked for you. :-)

Lisabella Russo said...

What a wonderful tip, thank you! I love to reuse items when I can.
www.lisarusso.com

ann @ studiohyde said...

I'm glad this is a helpful tip for you Lisa :-)

Judy said...

I received a parcel today in a lovely box, and just remembered your tip. And wow, it worked perfectly. So pleased I can use the box again! Thanks!

ann @ studiohyde said...

So pleased the tip was of help Judy...I love reusing things again or keeping them to use later :-)