Thursday 26 November 2015

Visiting Tintagel


After our trip to Dartmoor we then went
 to Cornwall


We stayed at 
The Mill House Inn, Trebarwith 
near Tintagel
(click link)






and if any of you saw William's blog then you
will recognise one of the little houses he fell in love with!!!
photo capture from above video


The Hotel has obviously undergone a revamp over the past few years.
We assumed (although not confirmed) that it has been 'done up'
to suit the London yuppie 'hoo ray henry'  types!!!   Very TWEE

Breakfast was good but why the heck
my scrambled eggs had to be served on a piece of slate I'll never know!
Did they run out of plates I wonder?
No...probably not, this seems to be a 'fashion'
going on in the catering industry lately and I wish
for  *~*!  sake they would return to good old fashioned PLATES
(IS ANYONE LISTENING OUT THERE!!!!)


the scrambled eggs with salmon was tasty though.




As we were near

TINTAGEL Click link

we went visited the Camelot Castle Hotel
to take a look at their Art Exhibition


The current artist in residence is


 Ted Stourton
(click link)

Thanks to a kindly receptionist I took some photos of the art
to show you.










Some of the frames were Very ornate!








and the art extended to outside on this car






 Glad a helicopter didn't need to use the helipad!


Personally some of the art wasn't my taste, but then that's
art for you.

and anyway who am I to talk....







15 comments:

Judy said...

Beautiful place, and very posh breakfast. I agree with you about the plates. Did you get rosepetals on your bed, like one of the photos? :)

Shammickite said...

I think I'd prefer a plate too. Did they steal the slate from a nearby cottage roof I wonder? The art that you have shown doesn't thrill me, but I do like the car. I'd love to be cruising around in that!

ann @ studiohyde said...

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that about the plates! No, we didn't get rose petals on the bed, but there was a 'rose shaped' piece of salmon on the slate (guess who got that) ;)

ann @ studiohyde said...

Most likely, there was a cottage up the road that looked lacking, lol.

Marie Smith said...

Thank you for the Thursday morning visit to Tintagel. I'm with you about the plates and the art, some not to my liking but some is lovely.

ann @ studiohyde said...

Hi Marie, nice of you to visit and comment. Popped over to your blog today.

Christine said...

I do love those paintings Ann!

ann @ studiohyde said...

They were many and varied that's for sure :-)

robin cox walsh said...

The art isn't to my taste either,,,,but that's what makes horse races, as they say! :-/

Eileen H said...

Oooh a very posh place. I'm not sure about the slate plate either, but I can spy a full English on a plate in the photo, that would be much more to my liking :)

ann @ studiohyde said...

Precisely :-)

ann @ studiohyde said...

Yes, that was Graham's breakfast, which he said was very good :-)

Joan Tavolott said...

Looks like another lovely place to visit. I don't understand serving breakfast on a slab of slate either. lol

Mary said...

Scrambled eggs and salmon sound yummy, but I don't think I'd like eating off a rock either. Lol. It's a beautiful place though. And I have to say, I like your artwork much better! :)

ann @ studiohyde said...

Joan and Mary.....Glad I'm not the only one that doesn't like the slate for food. Hopefully the 'fashion' for it will stop soon.