Saturday 22 April 2017

En plein air


Another lovely day painting at Arlington.  This could get a little repetitive for you to read, so all I'll say is ...

I REALLY ENJOYED THE DAY


(Painting to be completed in the studio)




My set up was near the Carriage Museum and Church, so I've made a note for some more painting scenes in the future...









See what I mean, from these images above.  How could I resist painting.

This next painting is small, approx. 8" x 6" incl. matt/mount board

The Fields at Arlington Court








10 comments:

Marie Smith said...

It is an inspiring place, Ann. It must be a great experience to work here.

Eileen H said...

I'll never tire of seeing your art or hearing you say how much you enjoy your painting days at Arlington Court :)

ann @ studiohyde said...

It's lovely Marie. Arlington (and indeed most National Trust properties we have been to) are like life away from life, they are sort of in a bubble all of their own. I guess because they are 'preserved history'.

ann @ studiohyde said...

Thanks Eileen, I do go on a bit about it, lol :)

Judy said...

What a wonderful place to paint! Can't wait to see more of your paintings, have fun!

robin cox walsh said...

What a lovely setting! I can see why you are so inspired. (love your easel!) :D

Shammickite said...

Keep on painting, these are lovely. I hope you sell lots of them. Do you get a commission?

ann @ studiohyde said...

Thanks Judy ๐Ÿ™‚

ann @ studiohyde said...

The easel is really good, supports the paper/board without a lot of wobble, which can be annoying.

ann @ studiohyde said...

Thanks. No I don't get commission, I'm just happy with the standard mileage the Trust give volunteers. ๐Ÿ™‚