Wednesday 21 June 2017

Art work


I try to get over to Arlington Court at some point during the week, even if it is just to sketch.  Most times though I manage to set up my easel and do a painting - not always completed there at the time ( as with this one in the pic below ) but it gives me enough information to complete in my home studio.  Amazing how you can absorb the atmosphere by sitting there starting a painting, you remember it all when you are home, just as though you are still there.....isn't art amazing....I know I keep saying amazing, but it so is.



I am constantly seeing new locations to paint at Arlington, and take some photos to remind myself.  
















So happy to be the artist in residence at Arlington Court


8 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Gorgeous photos. Your artist's eye and mind take everything in Ann. Great art work.

robin cox walsh said...

It's such a lovely place, I'm jealous! ;)

ann @ studiohyde said...

I've a supply of endless opportunities to paint there, feeling lucky :)

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely photo's.

All the best Jan

Eileen H said...

It is indeed a beautiful place. I like to see all the lovely flowers in your photos too.

ann @ studiohyde said...

Thanks Eileen, it's like so many National Trust properties, they are well worth visiting :)

Judy said...

You are so lucky to be so close to such a wonderful place!

ann @ studiohyde said...

We are lucky, yes. There are a lot of National Trust properties around here. Admittedly some areas don't seem to have properties to visit, but often those areas have open spaces that are looked after by the National Trust. We try to make the most of them when we are away.