Sunday 13 August 2017

Another bike ride


Had a lovely ride on my bicycle today via the old railway line, now a tarmac trail for walkers and bicycles.   There are so many lovely views along the way, but this time I stopped and took a quick photo of this farmhouse...


I felt sure it would end up as a painting, so it wasn't surprising that the first thing I started drawing when I got home was this scene.  Initially was on going to do an ink outline then leave it for another day, but as soon as that dried, I just had to add watercolour.

Here it is on my easel and you'll notice I used artistic license in changing the building from white to rustic....I thought it added a bit more to the painting.


Not completed at this stage.  I'm trying out some new masking tape around the edges, and so far am very pleased with it.


Once I removed the tape, I could look at the painting objectively.  I can see I need to add more details to this.


Although I am currently working a some other artwork - Commission pieces - this painting is allowing me to switch my brain off and give them a break for a day.  I will then go back to my Commission work with fresh eyes.


I've added more detail now...


 (close-up)


(close-up)

Completed 

"The Old Farmhouse"

(Overall size: 12" x 9"    Painting/image size: 10" x 7")

Now on my

ETSY shop (click link to view)


🎨🎨🎨





12 comments:

Marie Smith said...

You walks are productive, Ann. Beautiful.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Oh Ann, I love it! There appears to be no end to the lovely places you get to use for inspiration!

Eileen H said...

It's lovely Ann. Looks like you're really enjoying your bike rides.

ann @ studiohyde said...

They are, lovely when I can continue to enjoy them later when I'm painting the views :)

ann @ studiohyde said...

Thanks Kim, it was nice to paint this when I got home :)

ann @ studiohyde said...

Absolutely am. Some (a lot) of people say this electric bike is 'cheating', but I say it gets us out there, seeing places we would miss in the car, plus it totally saves my knees from peddle strain. Makes it all soooo much better :)

robin cox walsh said...

Artistic license.....is my savior! LOL Lovely painting! ♥♥♥♥

ann @ studiohyde said...

I love being able to move things about in a scene :)

Judy said...

Gorgeous painting, Ann! Enjoy your bike!

ann @ studiohyde said...

Thanks Judy. I try to get a bike ride every day if I can, I love it.

Lowcarb team member said...

That looks so lovely ...

All the best Jan

ann @ studiohyde said...

Thanks Jan 🙂