Wednesday 4 July 2018

Kingston Lacy National Trust

We have visited this property before, but somehow, each time we Re-visit places,  we seem to find something new....in other words, One visit is never enough.







 you know what I'm like for ceilings in these places,

but can you blame me,

look at this   ⤵️





incredible aye!




Lovely rooms,
although I thought this particular bedroom was a bit...

TWEE 

Think it had an attack of 

Cath Kidston/Laura Ashley/icing 




yes you guessed, not my cup-of-tea




if anything, this childs 'tented' style bedroom was better.

Yes, you may have spotted the modern electric heater.

The problem faced with these historic buildings, is keeping rooms at

certain temperatures, in order to preserve the items inside -

there always has to be a small compromise.


Having looked inside, I wandered outside 


is it just me, or do other people notice the odd things

I spotted this Air Brick -

well, if you are going to have one of these,

you may just as well have a fancy one!




Like I said at the start of this post, we always find something new when we go back.

On this occasion it was discovering that the estate had a cycle track around it -

3 Miles and as I had my folding-bike in the car, I couldn't turn down the chance for an explore.

Way worth it.  I only stopped a couple of times to take pics, I was having too much fun cycling.








~ til the next time ~





10 comments:

Judy said...

That was an enjoyable post! Love the ceiling, and that brick! And the views of your bike ride are beautiful!

Eileen H said...

A lovely property, I agree the Cath Kidstonesque room is a bit OTT but I like that firescreen in there but I'm not sure I like the children'e room. I must say that looks like a lovely bicycle ride, love the field of daisies.

Christine said...

What a stately building!

ann @ studiohyde said...

It was a lovely visit too Judy. The visitors to the house had 'timed' entry. That's a good idea, as when there are lots of people, it could get too crowded in the house. When it's like that nobody gets to see things properly. The 'timed' entry means there are only a few people at a time, and plenty of opportunity to view the rooms.

ann @ studiohyde said...

Glad I'm not the only one to think that of the 'twee' room, lol. I should have taken more photos on my bike ride, it was really interesting. You could only cycle in one direction on the route around the grounds (although walkers could go in either direction). It was a really good idea keeping the cyclists to one-way and worked well. Next time we go there, I will take the time to stop and take more photos.

ann @ studiohyde said...

It certainly is, very grand :)

sandy said...

thanks for sharing those photos - wow, amazing and that bedroom was a bit much! I love looking at these kinds of photos.

robin cox walsh said...

Absolutely lovely! And YES the ceilings always amazed me too!! I was always walking around the mansions (on the gold coast of Long Island) looking up!!! I could never understand why they put so much into them since no one else ever seemed to look up! ;)

ann @ studiohyde said...

Makes these posts worthwhile Sandy...glad you enjoyed it.

ann @ studiohyde said...

I know!!! why do people not look up for goodness sakes :)