Saturday 6 July 2019

Flower Cup - Oil painting

Some of you will have seen this already on facebook, but I'm adding here for those who don't do fb :)


This next Oil painting was inspired by a photograph I took at Arlington Court, in the Tea Room.  The tables had decorative little teacups and saucers containing flowers, which was a lovely touch.  



Step-by-Step stages of this painting were






Then I added some shadows before I got going with the actual Oil paint itself


In fact the painting was done in a way called Alla Prima, which basically means 
in one go, so I didn't stop to take photos along the way, I wanted to Keep Going.
Truth tell, I was enjoying myself too much to stop and take pictures ;)

and here it is

"FLOWER CUP"
Oil painting 8" x 6"
on canvas board


🎨 🎨 🎨








3 comments:

robin cox walsh said...

I am loving this new style of yours! Keep it going! ♥♥♥♥♥

Eileen H said...

Your painting is lovely Ann. I am going to steal that idea for the teacup on my kitchen window sill, so pretty!

ann @ studiohyde said...

Robin, oh my!!! THANKS - I'm lovin' this style too and have more paintings lined up ready to work on :)

Eileen.....that's great to know, nothing like being inspired is there :)