Sunday 20 October 2019

Oil painting on canvas

You may have noticed this painting yesterday in the slideshow,

thought it was worth it's own blogpost today.

This is one of my favourite Arlington paintings as the angle is so different.

It was also fun to paint, lots of thick paint on the palette knife...nothing like it,

and the painting virtually paints itself.  Believe me, that's true. 

Get the Tones right for each colour and your away.


Title:  "A Walk in the Meadow"
Size: 12" x 12"










7 comments:

Shammickite said...

Juicy!

robin cox walsh said...

I feel like I could step right in and walk around! Beautiful!

Eileen H said...

I really do like this painting, I'm sure the staff at Arlington love it too.

ann @ studiohyde said...

Thanks Shammickite....

Thanks Robin.....

Thanks Eileen.....

Yes, Arlington does like this painting. It certainly was fun to paint. Preparing all the colour tones first and then diving in with lots of paint and palette knife, nothing like it. 🎨💃

Judy said...

I love how you painted the meadow in the foreground! Perfect!

sandy said...

I love that foregound and the house - it's all so beautiful.

ann @ studiohyde said...

Thanks Judy, felt I needed to put the meadow into a painting of Arlington this season, but wasn't sure how. In fact, there is actually a neat and tidy lawn in front of the house, with the meadow further back. At a different angle it could have worked, but instead of trying to paint both lawn and meadow in the same scene, I thought this would work better. Plus I didn't have to worry so much about composition, lol.....crafty aye ;)

Sandy...Thanks so much. I went for the age old technique that works, values, light and dark tones, contrasting colours :)