Thursday 12 December 2019

Christmas lunch

As part of volunteering for Arlington Court - National Trust -
they acknowledge all the hard work us volunteers put into helping during the season by
arranging a Christmas lunch. 

Looked forward to, not only for the splendid food, but a chance to catch-up with colleagues.
This being the tail-end of the season for Arlington, heading into Christmas and the Winter break before it all kicks off again in February.

anyway....enough of that....Graham took a photo of me at the table.
No, I'm not surrounded by Swans!!!  (just in case you wondered)



THANKS TO ARLINGTON COURT
FOR ARRANGING THIS EVENT

 ~ IT IS ALWAYS ENJOYED ~






9 comments:

robin cox walsh said...

Napkin art! Fancy! ;) Nice of them to acknowledge all your hard work! (by 'your', I mean all the volunteers!)

Eileen H said...

You and all the others volunteers deserve to be spoilt, it's lovely for your work to be appreciated. I'm sure you thoroughly enjoyed your lunch and get-together.

ann @ studiohyde said...

Robin....yes, it is nice of them to put on a bit of a do for the volunteers. It's always an opportunity to catch-up with volunteers we may not have seen for a while, lovely atmosphere and lots of laughs. As for the napkins, I actually carefully unfolded mine to see how they had done that. Turned out it was simple, but so effective :)

Eileen...We all appreciate the Thanks Arlington gives by doing this. There's speeches after the meal and they hand out Awards for volunteers who have helped for 5 yrs, 10yrs and 15yrs....I do remember a 20yr one being handed out the other year! I got my 5 yr one last year, I've been helping longer than that but I'm not going to quibble. In fact, I may avoid the dinner when it's 10 yrs, as I don't like going up in front of everyone to collect the award, I'm an Introvert. At least on a daily basis I can hide behind my easel, lol.

Marie Smith said...

Hi Anne! Good to see you!

ann @ studiohyde said...

Hi Marie.....I know, I don't often appear do I 🀣

Judy said...

That is really nice to treat the volunteers this way! Love the pic!

sandy said...

what a nice event to attend and must be so satisfying to do all that art.

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Ann - Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

ann @ studiohyde said...

Thanks Judy

Thanks Sandy

Thanks Debbie....and a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too πŸŽΆπŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽΆ