Sunday 22 March 2020

I was preparing some art panels recently, gesso over them which turned out to be 3 coats to get the surface I liked for working with.  Then I spotted in my stash a canvas pre-coloured.  As I didn't like the colour I'd previously chosen, I decided to paint over that too - after all I had the gesso open.

Just one coat over the canvas and what happened, when it had dried, I saw another painting within it...


tell me you can see ripples too!

This set me off on one -  although the result doesn't really show ripples.  Funny how things develop and change.  I think the paintings themselves decide where they are going, artists just 'think' they are making the decisions!

ok, this isn't my usual, it's neither landscape, seascape or an object 
and certainly won't be everyone's cup of tea.
However, I enjoyed painting it and love the colours, which I'm sure will be enjoyed in the home of a buyer one day





Title:  DRIFTING WITH THE LIGHT


16" x 16" (40 x 40cm






2 comments:

robin cox walsh said...

Of course I see the ripples! ;) I like where it took you! :D

ann @ studiohyde said...

Robin.....Lol...Thanks 🙂