Wednesday 22 April 2020

Callum Wylie Foundation

To put you in the know, before I add links.  We've a lovely friend in a local town whom I've known for many years. Although we haven't been in touch of recent years, you know how it is - busy lives - but last year we received an invitation to a fundraising event at her home.  Fundraising for a Foundation in the name of her late grandson.  This did come as a shock,  nobody should be faced with that kind of loss.  Of course, we accepted the invite and met a number of people connected with the family and their Foundation.   The event was a success raising funds, which was great to know.

It was some time later that I took a closer look at their facebook page : Callum Wylie Foundation

I guess, being an artist and seeing the wonderful photos on facebook of Callum enjoying the sports he loved, I felt compelled to do a painting.  Really, I only intended to do one.  If it turned out okay, I would offer it to Callum's parents for them to either keep or to sell towards the Foundation.    In the end, I painted 4, various sizes and scenes.   At that time, I contacted Callum's parents to let them know, but didn't add photos of the paintings since I wanted the paint to dry and would look objectively at the artworks later.   As it happens, they have dried well and I am very happy with how they look. Obviously, now I could show Callum's parents the paintings, albeit online, and they are very pleased with them, mentioning the art on their facebook and the Foundation's Instagram accounts.  How nice of them to do that, even though they will have to wait for the paintings until after this Lockdown Virus issue!   I'll add links and relevant text/photos etc for you to browse ....






from their facebook page, showing the original reference photos...







🖌 🖌 🖌 🖌 🖌









6 comments:

robin cox walsh said...

What a lovely thing to do. ♥♥♥♥♥

ann @ studiohyde said...

Robin....they're such a lovely family :)

Eileen H said...

They are wonderful paintings Ann, such a kind thing for you to do x

ann @ studiohyde said...

Eileen....I just felt it was a small contribution to their foundation :)

Judy said...

The paintings are fabulous, Ann! I hope they'll find a good home, and raise some funds for the foundation. What a wonderful thing to do!

ann @ studiohyde said...

Thanks Judy - my pleasure of painting them, will hopefully bring some pleasure to a new owner :)