Friday 3 July 2020

A porch project

This painting, isn't actually on canvas, art board or paper...it's actually on a rough piece of hardboard attached to our letter box.  For a while now the blank white hardboard has stared at me, til finally the other day I decided to deal with it.   From inspiration of Irish Artist Roisin O'ffarrell  - I used my own interpretation of a welly boot painting, using Oil paint and palette knife.


● The wellies were our daughter Lil's (who spends her life in wellies)
 I do love it when she gets the Joules ones though, I get to keep the box they are sold in, it's always such a lovely happy design, which I repurpose for my paints....
yes, I really did say I am happy with an empty box!

● The door colour is taken from the paintwork on our house

• The flowers were quick twirls with a palette knife, so please don't try to identify them..they only exist in my head!


 Now that blank space under our letter box has something in it AT LAST!

Job done 





3 comments:

Eileen H said...

That is a fantastic idea and looks great. I like nice empty boxes too so nothing strange about that :)
There is a garage door a couple of miles away that has a painting of a campervan on it and I love that too.

robin cox walsh said...

Don't you just love it when a plan comes together! Brilliant! Well done! :D

ann @ studiohyde said...

Thanks Eileen, I enjoyed this little project - very satisfying to have something in that blank space at last :) Now why did I think you would like somebody's garage door with a campervan on it! 🀣 (I'll try not to over think the idea, our plain white garage door is sitting here ... waiting!!!) 😳

Robin....Absolutely πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ