Thursday 14 January 2021

In the days when we could travel

Oh my, is it really a year ago that we went to Penzance.  Little did we realise at the time that things would change so much.  The thought of going away for a short break seems a distant dream now and we really have no idea when those days will return.  They will, of course, but a lot is in the not knowing don't you think.

I had a very nice reminder of that trip to Penzance on my facebook newsfeed.  Seeing the photos took me back there on a trip down memory lane...it was worth the visit.   We had a lovely time plus I got to do some plein air painting.  As you will see from the image below, the sun was out, but Oh was it COLD, hence I'm wrapped up (and I was still freezing)....


I completed the painting indoors at our accommodation, that didn't matter, having spent time plein air I kept that with me, memory stayed in place as it were, and I was able to continue with the painting as though I was actually still there.   (Can you see the Diva in the photo above?...No, not me!!!).







completed painting....
and it 'Sold' as soon as I put it online.  That was a boost, as someone else can enjoy this scene and for me, even looking at the completed painting, I can remember every brush stroke - and no I didn't put the 'Diva' into the painting!

7 comments:

robin cox walsh said...

Aw.... you should have put him in the painting! Someday there will be elite collectors of 'William The Lurcher' art......and they will bring exorbitant prices because there aren't very many of them in oil! In years to come his fame will grow far and wide.....he will ascend to infamy.....his likeness will hang in museums.....okay, I'm done now...... ;)

Judy said...

Haha, the diva! Oh great memory! The days we could travel. The news from the UK is heartbreaking. It's getting worse over here as well. I hope we can stop it somehow. Soon.

Marie Smith said...

Those days will be back soon, Ann. I pray!

Gemma's person said...

Diva is gorgeous , looks like wildlife!

ann @ studiohyde said...

Robin.....Concern rising here!!! 🤣

Judy....You're so right, there is concern. The problem is 'people', some people that is, who don't adhere to the guideline/rules set out to help stop this virus. The vaccines are rolling out, but with so many to do it's going to take time :(

Marie....amen to that.

Gemma's person....he can be very wild - he's been watching the goats from Lynton and got ideas, lol 🤣

Eileen H said...

I remember your painting well, wow was it really a whole year ago. I agree your diva should have been in the painting :)

ann @ studiohyde said...

Eileen.....Yes, it seems incredible this was a year ago!