Saturday 24 April 2021

It's good to be back at Arlington



With Easter over now and the weather so good (in other words it has warmed up, I am not a fan of painting whilst freezing cold!) and so I have been plein air painting again at Arlington Court National Trust after what feels like months and months.  It is so good to be back there.  Can't believe how lucky we are with this weather at the moment, and making the most of it.  I guess we will pay the price with a deluge of rain at some point, nature has her ways, but meanwhile I've been painting in the open air, how wonderful again at last.

This first week back has really been about getting in a couple of warm-up sessions, to get back into it.  Even so, I have managed to do 6 hours.  Admittedly that was not painting the entire time, I stop to chat with visitors and hope they enjoyed seeing my paintings.

Now back in the studio, the paintings will dry and hopefully be ready for my visit next week.

This Oil on canvas is looking across at the house....a given subject as the canvas is happens to be 8x16 ins.


click the image below....


  I saved this clip onto my Youtube channel, hopefully it makes a good place to save videos)




3 comments:

Eileen H said...

I'm so pleased you are back at Arlington and it's open to the public again. You must have been chomping at the bit to be back doing what you love. I will watch your video later Ann.

robin cox walsh said...

Glad to hear you're able to be out and about painting again! Can't wait to see how this one turns out. :D

ann @ studiohyde said...

Eileen....Yes, absolutely pleased to be back there. 🙂🎨👩🏻‍🎨

Robin...hope to complete this on my next visit, so good to be plein air painting 👩🏻‍🎨🎨🖼