Sunday 27 June 2021

Plein air @ Arlington Court


As often as possible I go to Arlington Court to do some plein air painting...(you know that right, I go on about it enough).  Of course the weather does change my plans - early in the week the forecast looks good for a specific day I've chosen, and then on the day it is terrible!   Okay, I have to be flexible with my days, but generally I do find the day I have in mind works out.  Last week was such an occasion and although the sun didn't show itself, the rain stayed away...bonus Yes.

Having recently completed a view of the House itself, I moved slightly further down the path and turned around to face the church.  It appears between the trees in one particular spot and that's where I set up my easel.



Not all my efforts of setting up/easel/folding table/paint/brushes etc etc... were put into just this little postcard sized study, I did a couple of 8"x8" canvases, but didn't get around to taking photos of those in situ.  All the paintings will have to wait for the layer of paint to dry, then I can get them completed on my return visit - When... I WILL TRY TO REMEMBER TO TAKE A VIDEO AS WELL.  📽







4 comments:

Eileen H said...

That's a smashing view of the church and will make a lovely painting. The weather is so unpredictable and you can't always rely on the weather forecasts to be right, no surprises there!

robin cox walsh said...

I like the view you chose! Can't wait to see the paintings! :D

ann @ studiohyde said...

Eileen…. Thanks…it’s a nice little church, hope to complete the 2 paintings soon.

Robin….I like giving myself new challenges 🙂

Aishu said...

Nice!