Saturday 4 September 2021

Some alla prima indoor art at Arlington

Had a great day at Arlington Court yesterday - not my usual plein air painting in the grounds, but this time setting up my easel in the bookshop - Arlington have been fortunate to have been donated a large collection of Art related books for their shop, so it made an opportunity to have an Art in the Bookshop Day.  

Worth all the prep work and meeting some lovely visitors - plus painting an alla prima piece. This little blue chair is part of the collections at Arlington, so it was a good opportunity to paint an Indoor scene for a change. I have also Donated a collection of my artworks to Arlington, which will be on display for purchase (see images). Many thanks to the staff at Arlington for their support, you are very much appreciated 🎨

"Little Blue Chair" artwork : Oil painting 8x8inch box canvas

ref photo









hopefully the above paintings will help raise money for Arlington Court

(note: I donate 75% of the raised funds to Arlington and 25% will help me buy more canvases and paints)






3 comments:

robin cox walsh said...

What a nice thing for you to do. And what a lovely display of your paintings. I bet they raise lots of $$$ for Arlington. :D

Eileen H said...

I always like your chair paintings and that one is lovely. Here's hoping your paintings sell well and you raise funds for Arlington Court, it's extremely generous of you.

ann @ studiohyde said...

Robin....I hope they do sell some of the paintings, fingers crossed for that.

Eileen... and I enjoy painting the chairs...I've some more reference photos from the House yet to paint. My bit of giving-back with the paintings, mostly I get to enjoy the painting experience :)

Note here's an Extra snippet....the photos in this blogpost show the Exhibition room (which has been used as a Bookshop temporarily)...a new Visitor Reception has been built now and very soon the 'bookshop' stock will be moved over to the new area. I'll do a blogpost about the new VR soon.