Friday 25 February 2022

Robin

We had a little surprise this morning…..a Robin decided to visit us INDOORS!

First I knew was hubby calling out for me to open the front door.  Strange I thought, surely he can open a door.  Then I put 2 and 2 together when I saw he was holding this wee bird.  He had heard a thud on the window and thought a bird had hit the window, but outside, only to see it was Inside….and got his phone to prove this strangeness.

I got the door and hubby opened his hands, off went the Robin with a chirrup of Thanks  (at least I hope that was what he was saying).   

We aren’t totally sure when it got inside, but our shower room window was open (held by a catch so it doesn’t swing totally back) and there had been a hail storm, leaving the inevitable hailstones, so perhaps the little chap had seen an opportunity to shelter.

Click the image, a short video before hubby managed to rescue it.








6 comments:

CJ Kennedy said...

A robin! Adorable and the first sign of Spring here. Sadly no Spring as it's snowing today. So glad you were able to rescue the little fella.

ann @ studiohyde said...

CJ…..Thanks, we were pleased with the visit, but very glad it was okay and able to fly home 🙂

robin cox walsh said...

Aw, the poor thing! Glad Hubby was around to rescue her! :D

ann @ studiohyde said...

Thanks Robin :)

Eileen H said...

Aww poor tittle bird desperately trying to escape. I'm glad it was able to fly away uninjured.

ann @ studiohyde said...

Eileen….We were very pleased too 🙂