Tuesday 7 June 2022

Part 1 - Oil painting

 

Part 1 of an interior scene from the House at Arlington Court - National Trust - from photo image (no paints in the House itself) - makes sense to use space in the newly rebuilt Visitor reception. Lovely to meet the visitors, some who took the time to stop by later to check on my progress.

Here's the reference image:


I just needed to outline the main features onto canvas. That done, together with a pink background (and why not) and I was ready to start painting.

~ click the image below ~


That's it for Part 1 - hopefully I will get to complete this painting on my next visit.





3 comments:

Eileen H said...

Your painting is going to be lovely Ann. I'd been wondering if you were back at Arlington Court this year and lovely to know visitors can see you in the new visitor reception area. You are going to be famous!

robin cox walsh said...

Amazing! Can't wait to see it when it's finished! (And I'm TOTALLY impressed with how well you can draw a chair! Mine always look like you'd fall off if you ever tried to sit in it! LOL)

ann @ studiohyde said...

Eileen.......Yes, back for another season at Arlington. The new visitor reception area is big, they rebuilt it allowing for a shop in there. Unfortunately, the Trust decided not to re-open the shop. I've heard a lot of visitors being surprised there's no shop, it did bring in extra funds, and seems such a wasted opportunity not to have one in there. I think someone, somewhere, has made an almighty mistake, but time will tell. Perhaps they will get a shop again one day.

Robin.....Thanks Robin. Oh, don't despair, I've drawn many a chair I couldn't have sat in! 🤣