Friday 16 June 2023

Heavenly Blue

The camera doesn’t capture the BLUE in these flowers but, believe it, they were Vibrant!

These were at Arlington Court National Trust.  I didn’t even attempt to paint them, I couldn’t have done them justice, they were so lovely - Nature does best.  

Those of you who follow on Facebook will have seen I posted the photo there, even though I had no clue what they were called.  Thankfully a friend gave me the name, Heavenly Blue. Wonder what the Latin is? I will look it up in google later, but for now here’s the photo…



8 comments:

Eileen H said...

They are a lovely blue Ann.
I'm really pleased with my cornflowers especially as they were sown from a packet of seeds I was given free last year.

robin cox walsh said...

Nature is best! Absolutely! Thanks for sharing!

Marie Smith said...

Love the colour!

ann @ studiohyde said...

Eileen…..I love cornflowers, you must be green fingered to grow them from seeds πŸ‘πŸͺ΄

Robin….mother nature is amazing πŸ™‚

Marie….Thanks Marie. I’ll be over in the gardens at Arlington Court next week, hope to get some more photos πŸ“Έ

CJ Kennedy said...

They are so beautiful. In Latin maybe Azure Caeli? My guess.

ann @ studiohyde said...

CJ……I love the Latin names for plants, makes them sound so exotic. Perhaps I could get away with Azure Ann? πŸ§πŸ™‚πŸ‘

John (JWJarts) said...

Very striking!! Lovely.

ann @ studiohyde said...

Thank you John :)