Saturday 8 July 2023

Works-in-progress

Yes, I headed this post ‘workS’ in progress.  The thing with Oil painting is starting with thin layers and building them up (hopefully I attempt to do no more than 3 layers in a painting - although this isn’t a hard and fast rule).   So the first layer is down, then I wait for that to dry (this can take anything from a week to 4 … depending on time of year and the atmosphere).  During this waiting time I start another painting, and then often another following that.  Hopefully they are not all at the same stage.  Suffice to say I keep busy!  

Anyway, enough babble from me.  Here are a couple of pieces that are going through the waiting phase.

This first one (sorry about the quality of the photos btw) has dried enough to continue working on - and there’s a lot of work to do.  I will update you on this soon.


and this second painting is still wet - again it will need more work.  With both pieces I’m after Distance and Contrasts.





(Updates soon)




3 comments:

robin cox walsh said...

Always good to have your fingers in many pies, as it were! LOL Keeps those synapses working! (At least that's what I'm told.....😂)

Eileen H said...

It's always interesting too see your works in progress and the finished results.

ann @ studiohyde said...

Robin… Could be I just have a butterfly brain! Lol. Saw your blogpost Robin that you will be cutting back on your Blog. I completely understand, although your posts will be missed. Hope you continue with Instagram, love seeing the ‘characters’ you create.

Eileen…Thanks so much Eileen. The paintings in this post are being painted at the Exmoor National Park Centre in Lynmouth. I’ll do a blogpost about it soon.