Saturday 15 March 2014

Recent stormy weather....

....I didn't get around to adding these pictures, so on this quiet Saturday I thought it was about time to play blogging! lol

 

During the storms a few weeks ago, Ilfracombe suffered from huge waves battering the sea walls, needless to say the sea wall in one part collapsed...this is just behind the Landmark Theatre









On another subject in Ilfracombe - the pub group Wetherspoon's are building a new place....some of you may remember I added pictures of the old Collingwood Hotel being torn down in readiness for this ..

recap: Collingwood is Down


The site remained vacant for a long time, and eventually work commenced.




It is hoped this will be ready for opening early Summer - I'll keep you up to date on progress.




2 comments:

Jane said...

Incredible force of nature , I know there was a new storm again a few days ago in the north of Europe, hope it didn't too much damage .

ann @ studiohyde said...

It is amazing what nature does. I hope those recent storms didn't cause damage too.