Friday 3 May 2019

Painting on location

One of the great things about going away, is it inspires paintings.   I have to restrict what I choose, otherwise I would sketching and painting 24/7 -  our recent trip to Cornwall was, of course, FULL OF INSPIRATION.   I did a lot of little sketches here and there, but restricted myself to only a handful of  landscapes.  I used Gouache as my medium this trip and thoroughly enjoyed using it.














These make great little reminders of the time in Cornwall, but will be useful to work them into bigger paintings.  I may even use oils, I think it would suit them....we shall see, but I will be sure to let you all know.





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

such beautiful memories captured for all of time!

ann @ studiohyde said...

Thanks so much Christine and Laurie :)

Eileen H said...

They're all lovely Ann!

robin cox walsh said...

What Christind and Laurie said! :D

ann @ studiohyde said...

Thanks Eileen and Robin....I'm definitely enjoying using Gouache :)