Tuesday 14 May 2019

The difference a few brush strokes make

Okay I have to admit, this is only an example and not an artwork of great note.  However, I DID enjoy painting it.  On our recent holiday down to Cornwall I did, not only paintings for sale, but also sketching.  SOME of those sketches turned into little paintings in their own right.  I love it when that happens.

Here's an example of how a FEW added details can bring a painting to life and make it pop.
This is with GOUACHE, so by nature it dries flat and opaque  ~ something I love about this medium ~


My initial wash of colour

St. Michael's Mount, Penzance

and then I added Permanent White 
(not much though)
plus a person on the beach


Is it just me, or does it POP now!


🎨



6 comments:

Christine said...

It's lovely!

Eileen H said...

It definitely does POP now, I like the addition of the person on the beach.

robin cox walsh said...

YES! But it's knowing WHERE to put it that makes you the master! ♥♥♥♥♥

ann @ studiohyde said...

Thanks Christine, Eileen, and Robin :)

Robin....I usually 'guess' lol ;)

Shammickite said...

A figure in the foreground gives it focus. A reason to be there.

Anonymous said...

It does pop, beautiful!