Saturday 1 June 2019

The Walled Garden - Plein air painting

Another plein air painting session at Arlington Court yesterday.  Lucky that the weather came out sunny, having been very overcast during the morning.



I set up my easel in the walled garden this time and decided to do a watercolour of the foxgloves.



Bees were plentiful and {{busy bees}} too, but they didn't bother me.  Something nice about hearing bees a buzzing whilst painting.

(Look, I had even worn my coat over there, but found it much too hot to keep on, so my trolley looked after it for me)



I'm after a loose Impressionistic painting here...


Waiting for paint to dry, I poured myself a coffee from the flask I brought along,
just had to remember Not to dip the brushes into it instead of the water pot!






Glad I decided to do the foxglove painting


~ what do you think? ~

As an extra, here's a quick sketch of
The Old Granary which was about 5 minutes walk from the walled garden

 All in all that was a good painting session,
and I'm looking forward to the next time,
but where to paint?....ummm, you'll have to wait for that.


🎨🎨🎨











6 comments:

Christine said...

Beautiful sketches and the weather too.

Eileen H said...

What a lovely place for you to sit and paint on a warm and sunny day. Love both your paintings of the foxgloves and the Old Granary.

Judy said...

That looks like 'happy painting'! Love the foxglove painting!

ann @ studiohyde said...

Thanks Christine, Eileen and Judy.....I was really lucky with the weather, make the most of it when we have it.

robin cox walsh said...

Oooooh, aren't they lovely! As always you nailed it! :D

ann @ studiohyde said...

Oh Thanks Robin... I feel so fortunate to be able to get to paint in such lovely surroundings :)