Wednesday 3 July 2019

Oil painting

Volunteering at Arlington Court - plus painting the landscapes there - eventually I guess it was inevitable that I would want to paint some of the interior decor.  Unfortunately painting within the House isn't possible, the furniture etc cannot be subjected to splashing paint (especially the way I work)...so it has meant I have to take photographs and work from them.  Not a problem, it's just finding the right capture.  

I've started a project of Oil painting Interiors (setting my own challenges here) with this scene, here's the photo reference:



I'm enjoy painting these in an Impressionistic style
and today I completed the painting



It now needs 3-4 weeks to dry before I add retouching varnish. 



🎨 🎨 🎨









5 comments:

Eileen H said...

That's lovely Ann, very well done!

robin cox walsh said...

Spectacular is the only word to describe it! Simply spectacular! ♥♥♥♥♥♥

ann @ studiohyde said...

Thanks Eileen, I haven't used a palette knife for painting in so long. It's nice to give it a go again, makes a change. I have some other, small ones, I've done and will be adding them shortly. :)

Aww Thanks Robin, I did enjoy painting it :)

Judy said...

I already saw this on fb, but just had to leave a comment here. Fabulous, Anne! I love the scene with the chair and the plant, and you painted it so beautifully!

ann @ studiohyde said...

Judy, Thanks so much, glad you like it, I definitely enjoyed painting it. Hopefully I will get some more, Arlington Court interior inspired paintings done this summer :)