Thursday 27 August 2020

Equine art

A friend who recently visited and saw some of my paintings, made the random comment that I don’t seem to paint horses.    She was partially right.  Recently I have been working on seascapes, interior scenes and landscapes.  I do paint animals from cats, dogs etc, but her comment stuck with me and I decided to paint one of her horses -  add the image to social media - not tell her so it would be a surprise, and wait to see if she recognised her horse.   As yet I haven’t heard from her, so either she is yet to see it or it doesn’t look like her horse!  

Oil on canvas board
8x10
( * watermark does not appear on painting)






3 comments:

robin cox walsh said...

I think she'll recognize him/her! She just hasn't seen it yet. It's a wonderful painting. :D

Eileen H said...

It's lovely Ann. I expect your friend hasn't seen it yet!

ann @ studiohyde said...

Thanks so much Robin and Eileen...... so far there has been no comment from our friend and the horse owner, but I will certainly be holding onto the painting and hope to gift it to her at some point.