Tuesday 1 September 2020

Well, you just knew I couldn't keep away from a good view...

'Twas a lovely spot today for some plein air painting. Set up my easel again at Arlington Court National Trust - Amazing how the sun and shadows can make the same scene look so different from one day to the next. The shadows changed as I worked and feel I could do with a row of small canvas boards to capture how it changes during the day.

I now have to wait for this layer of paint to dry and will be back another day to add more to it and hopefully complete this one.

Lots of visitors stopped for a chat, that really made my day.




close-up





4 comments:

Shammickite said...

Lovely! And it looks like you had perfect weather for painting outdoors.

robin cox walsh said...

I LOVE how you set yourself up with 'ropes' around you......it's like you're one of the exhibits! ;) (PS Lovely painting!)

Eileen H said...

The weather is so changeable right now and I realise that changes the light for your painting too. It's looking really good and what a great spot you chose.

ann @ studiohyde said...

Shammickite....the weather forecast wasn’t good for the rest of the week, so I thought I would make the most of it over there 🙂

Robin....yes, it is like that. 🤣 People stop and ask about the painting.

Eileen, thanks - I think my biggest challenge is capturing a moment in time as everything changes so quick 🤣