Tuesday 4 August 2020

A sunny day for painting

Yesterday was a perfect Summer day for plein air painting.  Taking the opportunity, since the forecasters reckon it will rain later this week, I decided to go back to Arlington Court.   I love my Volunteering, what a great way of being there for visitors, we chat, laugh and I get the chance to inform them about Arlington. It's a Win Win for everyone.  Plus the painting went well (between talking) and I still have it In-progress for the next visit.   Fingers crossed the weather will be good on that occasion, I need the light right.



If you click the picture above, there's a short video clip 🎥 ⤴︎







5 comments:

Eileen H said...

The weather is so changeable right now, we had the hottest day of the year last Friday and today is very windy and chilly. I'm certain you are a great asset to Arlington Court and deservedly so.

ann @ studiohyde said...

Eileen, down here it’s sunny one day, dark clouds and pouring the following day! As with you, it’s chilly. I do hope Arlington like me there painting. Visitors often stop to chat. I think they’re surprised I do that, but as a volunteer it is important to engage with people, they visibly relax and talk about all kinds of things. Yesterday there was a family and the two little kids kept coming back to see the painting. They thought the left part of the house was grey, and I told them to go and look for the different coloured bricks. Off they went and came back so pleased with themselves to have seen purple, yellow and blue ones ( all depends on the light of course, but I didn’t tell them that, they’ll learn one day ).

robin cox walsh said...

How could you not love being in that setting! I miss the 'Gold Coast' of Long Island. I loved to just sit and enjoy the gardens and lawns of the long gone rich and famous.....sigh.....(all the fun and enjoyment and none of the responsibility..... ;)

Jyoti said...

Loving this location for painting! Wonderful Post! Have a great day!
Fineartandyou

ann @ studiohyde said...

Robin....that must have been a lovely place to enjoy, I can imagine how grand it would have been back in the day :)