Friday 4 September 2020

Clean up time....

The palette I use for Oil painting is excellent, but not intended originally as a palette at all.

It is in fact an Ikea glass shelf with a grey toned back.  This works perfectly for mixing paint, as it gives a mid-tone and allows me to choose how the mixing goes, either darker or lighter.  

The best part, is the clean up of this palette.  I can leave Oil paint on there for days/weeks and when it comes to cleaning, scrape some with a wide-scraper, or use some methylated spirit which successfully dissolves the oil paint.

As you see, this time I had a Very Messy Palette!

If you click on the photo, you'll see my Clean Up with a difference.






3 comments:

Eileen H said...

How clever are you, that's brilliant :)

robin cox walsh said...

LOL Cheater! ;)

ann @ studiohyde said...

Eileen....up til last week I've been using a scrape-tool - then I had a eureka moment gave it a try, it works very well, so will continue with this method for now 🙂

Robin....absolutely, anything to make life easier that's me 🤣