Saturday 17 October 2020

Different styles and experiments

Trying out different styles and art techniques can be fun and also relaxing.  Before I start with a large painting though, and in this case very likely a canvas piece, I'm experimenting with views/colours/textures in oil-sketch-form,  mostly painted on cardboard as they are quick little sketches.  I cut some backing-board to approx. 6" x 4" and triple prime the painting surface.   Perfect size for these little experiments.

This one is dry and I think it could make a good large canvas - what say you.


Of course, a large painting based on this, won't be 'exactly' the same - 

every painting is slightly different when it comes to the final artwork, 

but I'm sure you get the idea.

And talking of ideas...

I'm going to do a Giveaway with this little painting sketch.  As rough and ready as it is, I reckon someone may like it - So if you go over to my Facebook newsfeed, the details will be there.

www.facebook.com/sketching.william

(Yes before you say it, when I originally set up my Facebook newsfeed,

I called it sketching.william, even though you can find me as Ann Hyde)





 


3 comments:

robin cox walsh said...

Rough and ready can sometimes end up being better than the one you spend more time fussing over. Just MHO..... ;)

Shammickite said...

Hi Ann: Well I went to your facebook page but didn't see anything about this little painting. Maybe I'm doing it wrong as I don't "do" facebook! It's a bit of a mystery to me.
Anyway it's a lovely little sketch, well done, I hope I get to see the larger finished product.
I'm still not doing much painting due to "coronavirus indecision" but have recently been inspired with bookbinding, see my blog page.

ann @ studiohyde said...

Robin....My thoughts exactly! 🙂

Shammickite....It's a mystery to me too, I just 'pretend' to understand it. I have the sketching.william (that's the url) but also have a facebook Page Ann Hyde Artist. Trouble is, that particular one is messing about at the moment... By default, you can't sign into a Newsfeed and your Page at the same time (even though they have different sign in details) but over the last week or so my computer has taken a dislike to me signing Out of one and trying to sign Into the Page one, it keeps saying 'reloading' and getting nowhere. Grrrr! So I now stick with my everyday sketching.william Ann Hyde Newsfeed and keep my fingers crossed it will continue behaving.